- Defensive abilities for the group and raid
- Vulnerable to high unblockable physical damage
- Low amount of HP
- High cooldowns on defensive abilities
Basic information on the spec:
Protection Warrior’s main resource is Rage, which is common for this class. As warriors deal damage with auto-attacks or certain abilities, their Rage grows. Accordingly, there are abilities that spend Rage.
TIER 1 LVL 15
1.War Machine – your auto attacks generate 10% more Rage. Killing an enemy instantly grants 10 Rage and increases your movement speed by 30% for 8 sec. Your damage doesn’t have to be fatal, you just have to deal any damage the second before they die. This is not the best option at the moment, as 10 Rage is too little, even if there are several opponents. Just a weak Talent.
3.Devastator – replaces Devastate. It’s a passive ability that empowers your auto attacks and grants a 30% chance to reset the remaining cooldown on Shield SlamМощный удар щитом This Talent is your only option.
TIER 2 LVL 25
3.Storm Bolt – you strike an opponent within 20 yards, causing physical damage and stunning them for 4 sec. CD 30 sec.
TIER 3 LVL 30
3.Dragon Roar – deals physical damage to enemies within 12 yards, reducing their movement speed by 50% for 6 sec. CD 35 sec, generates 20 rage.
TIER 4 LVL 35
- Bounding Stride reduces the cooldown on Heroic Leap by 15 sec, upon landing also increases your run speed by 70% for 3 sec.3.Menace – Intimidating Shout disorients enemies for an additional 4 sec, and causes them to cower in fear instead of fleeing.
TIER 5 LVL 40
2.Indomitable – increases your maximum health by 10%. Restores 1% max HP for every 10 Rage spent. This is the best Talent so far, nothing can compete with it.
3.Impending Victory – replaces Victory RushПобедный раж Costs 10 Rage, deals minor physical damage and restores 30% of your maximum health. After getting a kill that grants experience or honor, the ability will instantly recharge. It also heals for 30% HP, but has a 30 sec CD. Not the best Talent.
* Indomitable is way too powerful.
TIER 6 LVL 45
1.Into the Fray – grants 2% Haste for each enemy within 15 yards, up to 10% Haste.
2.Unstoppable Force – Avatar amplifies the damage of Thunder Clap by 100%, and reduces its CD by 50%. It’s the best Talent in this tier, as it allows you to deal massive burst damage with Thunder Clap while Avatar is active. Mostly used in raids and M+.
- Ravager – throw a whirling weapon at the target location that inflicts damage to all enemies within 40 yards over 7 sec. While Ravager is active, your chance to parry is 35% higher.
* Unstoppable Force is a great Talent for raids and M+.
TIER 7 LVL 50
Here are your common builds:
Weaker, but has potential:
Devastator, Double Time, Dragon RoarРев дракона Crackling ThunderТрескучий гром Indomitable, Ravager, Bolster. Provides slower gameplay and grants less damage, but more burst damage. Improves your survivability.
- Condemn – a better version of Execute, which you can use on enemies above 80% HP, damaging them with Shadow magic and ignoring their armor.
This ability deals decent damage, thus being suitable for raids if you’re the third tank, but not for M+.
- Door of Shadows – castable blink with a great potential (skipping enemies in Mythic+ dungeons and outplaying such mechanics as those of Queen Azshara).
- Spear of Bastion – throw a Kyrian spear at the target location, dealing Arcane damage instantly and an additional damage over 4 sec. Deals reduced damage beyond 5 targets. Enemies hit are tethered to Spear of Bastion’s location for the duration.
Pretty good ability for AoE and single-target raid bosses, when the first 20% isn’t that important. It also generates a greater amount of Rage during the GCD than any other ability. At the moment, it’s the best choice, also due toPhial of Serenity.
- Summon Steward – call your steward to bring you aPhial of Serenity. CD 4 min. It may seem useless, but don’t underestimate the extra heal. It also removes all Curse, Disease, Poison and Bleed effects – very useful, isn’t it?
THE NIGHT FAE
- Ancient Aftershock – unleash a wave of anima, dealing Nature damage to up to 5 enemies and knocking them down for 1.5 sec. The ground will continue to expel anima, dealing Nature damage to up to 5 enemies and generating 16 Rage per enemy over 12 sec. Every 3 sec, targets are briefly knocked down.
Very similar toSpear of Bastion, but deals slightly more damage and has a higher CD. In terms of damage, if you use it on recharge, the spear is supposed to provide higher DPS, but in terms of Rage, it always grants 25, whileAncient Aftershock generates 36-180 Rage over 12 seconds, depending on the number of enemies hit.
- Soulshape – turn into a Vulpin, teleporting 15 yards forward and increasing your movement speed by 50%. You may reactivate Soulshape every few sec to teleport again. Lasts 12 sec, or indefinitely while in a rest area. Additional sprint and blink for the mobile class.
- Conqueror’s Banner – plant the Conqueror’s Banner in the ground, granting 20% maximum health and 10% critical strike chance to you and 2 allies within 15 yds of the banner for 20 sec. While active, spending 30 Rage and killing enemies grants you Glory. Glory increases your critical strike damage by 1% per stack, up to 30%, for 30 sec.
This is a nice buff for you and 2 allies near the banner, has a huge CD.
- Fleshcraft – form a shield of flesh and bone over 4 sec that absorbs damage equal to 20% of your maximum health for 2 min. Channeling near a corpse claims their essence to grow the shield, up to 50% of your maximum health. This is most effective against powerful enemies.
Surprisingly powerful absorb, a bit better than the kyrianPhial of Serenity. It can be extremely useful against raid bosses that periodically take massive damage.
SOULBINDS AND CONDUITS
- Ashen Juggernaut – Execute increases the critical strike chance of Execute by 3% for 8 sec, stacking up to 6 times.
- Harrowing Punishment –Condemn damage dealt and prevented are increased by 8% for each nearby enemy, up to 40% (Available only to the Venthyr).
- Piercing Verdict –Spear of Bastion instant damage and Rage generation are increased by 20% (Available only to the Kyrian).
- Veteran’s Repute – setting the Conqueror’s Banner immediately grants you 5 Glory, and while the banner is planted your Strength is increased by 12% (Available only to the Necrolords).
- Destructive Reverberations –Ancient Aftershock cooldown is reduced by 16 sec (Available only to the Night Fae).
- Show of Force – Revenge increases the damage of your nextУдар грома by 20%.
It empowers your raid’s defenses.
Additional heal has a nice synergy with Impending Victory. It can be used for extra survivability at any stage of the game.
- Stalwart Guardian – reduces the cooldown of Shield Wall by 40 sec.
- Unnerving Focus – Last Stand increases your Rage generation by 30%.
- Brutal Vitality – damage you deal adds to your active Ignore Pain.
- Iron Maiden – Revenge has a chance to refund a charge of Shield Block. Select it if there’s nothing better.
Nadjia the Mistblade, Venthyr Soulbind, has no powerful abilities for the tank.
Theotar the Mad Duke, Venthyr Soulbind, has 1 important ability:
Wasteland Propriety – activatingCondemn signals the start of tea time, granting 10% Versatility to you and 4% Versatility to up to 4 nearby allies. Lasts 10 sec. Tea time may only occur once every 1 min.
General Draven is a good Soulbind for tanks, he has the following useful ability:
Service In Stone – Damage taken below 40% health is reduced by 10%. Upon death you leave a stone husk behind which shatters after 3 sec, inflicting 100% of your maximum health in damage split among nearby enemies, and healing for 100% of your maximum health split among nearby allies
Kleia, a powerful Soulbind for tanks, has 1 significant ability:
Valiant Strikes – you and your nearby allies’ critical strikes grant you stacks ofValiant Strikes, up to 40. At 40 stacks, you heal yourself for 10% of your maximum health and up to 4 nearby allies for 5% of their maximum health over 10 sec.
Pelagos has a couple of useful abilities:
Let Go of the Past – using a spell or ability increases your Versatility by 1% for 10 sec. Using another spell or ability increases this amount by 1% when it is not a repeat of the previous spell or ability, stacking to 5%.
Forgelite Prime Mikanikos – Soulbind who provides 2 relevant abilities:
Hammer of Genesis – damaging a new enemy grants you 2% Haste for 10 sec, up to 5 stacks (a tree with 1 less Potency Conduit).
Bron’s Call to Action – after using 90 damaging or healing spells and abilities, your next spell or ability summons Bron, knocking back enemies on arrival and attacking and healing your targets for 30 sec.
Plague Deviser Marileth has no useful abilities for DD’s.
Emeni, thought, has a few of them:
Gnashing Chompers – gain 1% Haste for 20 sec after defeating an enemy, up to 5% (a tree with 1 less Potency Conduit).
Lead by Example – activatingConqueror’s Banner increases your primary stats by 5% and nearby allies’ primary stats by 2% for 10 sec. You gain 5% additional primary stats for each ally affected, up to 15%.
Soulbind Bonesmith Heirmir has 2 powerful abilities for you:
Heirmir’s Arsenal: Marrowed Gemstone – after landing 10 critical strikes, you gain 12% increased chance to critically strike for 10 sec. May only occur once per 50 sec (a tree with 1 less Potency Conduit).
Forgeborne Reveries – your armor continues the fight for 10 sec after your death. Damage and healing done reduced by 50%. Healing received reduced by 100%.
THE NIGHT FAE:
Niya offers you 3 helpful abilities:
Niya’s Tools: Burrs – Your damaging attacks and spells have a chance to toss Niya’s Spiked Burrs under your target. The burrs latch onto the first enemy to cross them, reducing movement speed by 20% and inflicting Nature damage over 6 sec (a tree with 1 less Potency Conduit).
Niya’s Tools: Poison – your interrupting abilities apply Niya’s Paralytic Poison to the target, dealing Nature damage over 30 sec. Targets with Niya’s Paralytic Poison take additional Nature damage if interrupted once more.
Grove Invigoration – healing or dealing damage has a chance to grant you a stack of Redirected Anima, up to 10. ActivatingAncient Aftershock grants you 1% maximum health and bonus Mastery per stack for 30 sec.
Dreamweaver’s ability is the following:
Podtender – when you take fatal damage, rejuvenate within a wildseed, regaining 30% of HP over 10 sec. If the wildseed gets destroyed during this time, you die.
First Strike – damaging an enemy before they damage you increases your chance to critically strike by 20% for 10 sec (a tree with 1 less Potency Conduit).
Wild Hunt Tactics – your damage to targets above 75% health and healing to targets below 35% health are increased by 10%. When your spells and abilities are enhanced this way, you gain 10% bonus movement speed for 5 sec.
Good item effects:
- Signet of Tormented Kings –Вихрь клинков, Безрассудство, or Avatar randomly casts one of the other two abilities at reduced effectiveness.
- The Wall – Shield Slam generates an additional 2 Rage and reduces the remaining cooldown of Shield WallГлухая оборона by 4 sec. Has a good potential in raids.
- Misshapen Mirror –Spell Reflection lasts 60% longer and applies to your nearest ally.
- Unbreakable Will – Shield Wall now grants 50% of its effect to all party members.
- Reprisal – the first attack you intercept withIntervenegrants you Ignore Pain and makes your next Revenge cost no Rage.
- Seismic Reverberation – if Whirlwind or Revenge hits 3 or more enemies, it hits them 1 additional time.
The best items effects:
- Thunderlord – each enemy you hit with Thunder Clap reduces the remaining cooldown on Demoralizing Shout by 3 sec. Your first craft choice.
As for non-class Legendary Item Effects:
- Echo of Eonar – summons a spiritual familiar to your side. Your spells and abilities have a chance to send your familiar to a nearby ally, increasing their damage and healing by 10% for 20 sec. If no allies are present, your familiar will flock towards your nearest enemy, increasing your damage against them by 8% for 15 sec.
This feature is fairly useful for the whole raid or certain classes in it.
- undefined – the first time you damage an Elite enemy, absorb the subsequent damage from that enemy and reflect it back to them. You may only have one shield active at a time and this effect can only occur once every minute.
Has a good potential in M+ dungeons.
If you have different Legendaries that are not listed above, and you want to find out which one will suit you better, we recommend using Simcraft.
Shield Slam on recharge/proc.
Revenge when another tank is tanking the boss.
Thunder Clap on recharge.
Revenge if you can do it with no cost.
- Don’t forget to useIntervene, unless it may result in unwanted moves/turnarounds by the boss.
AoE for 3+ targets:
- Keep in mind that this priority requires a high amount of Rage, while you still need it for defensive abilities.
With the Devastator Talent:
Revenge (if you can use it with no cost)
You have 2 charges, each of which grants a 100% chance to block a melee attack for 6 seconds. Blocking an attack reduces its damage by 30%. Your block can be critical, reducing incoming damage by 60%. Each Shield Block buff duration is summed up.
Shield Block should be used against physical melee attacks.
Not all special enemy attacks can be blocked, so sometimes you will have to learn it by trial and error.
This spell is effective against groups of enemies.
Ignore Pain. This ability can absorb 50% of X damage, where X is defined by your Attack Power and Versatility. The maximum absorb equals triple Ignore PainСтойкость к боли Never Surrender can double the effect. While tanking, you should gain the maximum number of stacks on Ignore Pain before you take over the boss.
Ignore Pain works against all types of damage.
Despite the fact that this ability is considered to be an effective damage reduction tool, its use may vary depending on the gameplay. There are several bosses who require you to have active damage reduction for some ability, so you should use Shield Block in this case.
Last Stand – used in case of emergency, as it amplifies both your current and maximum health.
You can also use it before taking a large amount of damage, since healing a tank with a higher max health value is much easier, as you can survive for a longer period of time.
Demoralizing Shout – same as Shield Wall, cast it before receiving damage. The damage reduction effect is much weaker, which means you can use this ability more often. The best time to cast it is when you pull or draw aggro – it’s exactly when your raid/group healers may fail to react in time and regenerate your missing health.
Отражение заклинаний – allows you to reduce incoming magic damage by 20% for 5 sec, and even reflect a spell (unless you encounter a boss with powerful magic abilities). Works against one type of damage, so use it accordingly.
Haste increases your attack speed (=more Rage) and casting speed. It also reduces your GCD for spells and some melee abilities.
For this spec, Mastery increases your chance to block and critically block, and grants Attack Power.
Versatility simply amplifies damage dealt and reduces damage taken.
Crit increases your chance to deal double damage with your abilities.
These stats are connected quite tightly, while their value is constantly changing.
For that reason, we recommend that you use Simcraft or Raidbots.com after getting new equipment so that you will know for sure what attributes to focus on.
Based on the above-mentioned characteristics and your own simulation results, let’s move on to Gems, Enchants, and Consumables.
Gloves “Enchant Gloves – Eternal Strength“
Rings: “Enchant Ring – Tenet of Critical Strike” or “Enchant Ring – Tenet of Haste”
Cloak “Enchant Cloak – Soul Vitality”
Chest “Enchant Chest – Eternal Stats”
Weapon “Enchant Weapon – Lightless Force”’
SHARPENING STONES, OILS, AND ARMOR KITS
FLASKS AND POTS
- Charge at the target/cursor position.
/cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead][harm,nodead] Charge
- Pummel with a modifier, cast on the focus target or on the current target.
/cast [@focus, exists, harm][@target, harm, nodead] Pummel
- Heroic Leap at the cursor position.
#showtooltip Heroic Leap
/cast [@cursor] Heroic Leap
- Heroic Throw at the cursor position. If there’s no target at the cursor position, the ability is applied to the current target.
#showtooltip Heroic Throw
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@target] Heroic Throw
- Taunt at the cursor position. If there’s no target at the cursor position, the ability is applied to the current target.
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@target] Taunt
Deja Character stats – even more info on your character
Sexy map – makes your minimap sexy!
Shadowed unit frames – ElvUI alternative, unit frames only
WeakAuras – possibly the most important in modern WoW. You can tune almost anything with it, and at wago.io you can find hundreds of useful auras and import them within a few clicks. You also can find a special aura pack for your spec, here’s a link on Prot auras.
BigWigs/Deadly Boss Mods – timing and warning addons for the raid and m+ bosses, pick one of them. It’s also very useful for PvE in general. If you want instance warnings for your BigWigs addon – get a LittleWigs addon.
ElvUI – a global “all-in-one” addon, makes your interface very neat. Replaces dozens of addons at once. You can also find a lot of profiles for it on wago.io.
Details! Damage Meter – the most modern and popular DPS meter atm.
Plater Nameplates – addon comes from Details author, it changes enemies nameplates. It is fully customizable with a lot of features and profile import from wago.io – what else do you want?
Pawn – helps you on improving your gear. Requires Simcraft string for usage.
SimulationCraft – Makes your character simulation easier by creating an in-game Simcraft string for import to Raidbots or SimCraft.
Exorsus Raid Tools – raiding addon with tons of useful features.
- Shriekwing – no abilities to reflect.
- Huntsman Altimor – Vicious Lunge reflects debuff but does not apply it on the enemy.
- Sun King’s Salvation – Lingering Embers can be reflected, but won’t deal any damage.
- Artificer Xy’Mox – Stasis Trap can be defused with no consequences. Hyperlight Spark can be reflected and it will deal damage, but won’t have any jumps.
- Hungering Destroyer – Obliterating Rift: spheres can be defused with no consequences. Expunge: the blast won’t damage you. Gluttonous Miasma: reflects the damage when you’re in the circle (it’s not clear yet if you heal the ally with circle nearby or not)
- Lady Inerva Darkvein – Expose Desires: deals damage to the boss. Loose Anima: your raid team won’t get damaged for 5 seconds. Unconscionable Guilt: damage the add. Shared Cognition: reflects periodical damage. Change of Heart: debuffs the boss (it’s not clear if this is damaging the boss or the players). Shared Suffering: reflects the link.
- The Council of Blood – Scarlet Letter: won’t deal damage. Drain Essence: reflect damage and debuff. Dancing Fever: can be reflected, but won’t deal damage. Dark Recital: can be reflected, but won’t deal damage.
- Sludgefist – no abilities to reflect.
- Stone Legion Generals – Wicked Laceration: can be reflected, but won’t deal damage. Unstable Footing: can be reflected, but won’t deal damage and won’t consume the reflection buff. Ravenous Feast: reflects damage.
- Sire Denathrius – Burden of Sin: reflects a single tick. Impale: you won’t be damaged and debuffed. Hand of Destruction: deals damage to the boss. Collective Trauma: deals damage to the boss. Inevitable: damages the add.
You don’t have to wait, most services can be done today!
- High Quality VPN Protection for Piloted orders!
- Order yours before 10:00 pm for same day processing
- We are 9+ years on the market of WoW services as a legal company with high business level and thousand of reviews and feedback from real people on different forums like ownedcore and Facebook, old reviews page Disqus, and of course Boom-Boost.com rated 9.9 out of 10 based on Trustpilot