- Honorable Kills (HK) – this is a number of your victorious battles with Players from the other faction. The Victory counts when you or someone from your group kills a Player from the opposite faction.
- Dishonorable Kills (DK) – the number of killings of Civilian NPC’s, such as Vendors or Quest Givers. Note, that these kills have an immediate impact on your rating and lower it greatly. When you or someone in your group makes a DK – everyone will become subjects to the same penalty.
- Contribution Points (CP) – this is so to say the value of your HK. Every victory you make gives you a different amount of CP, depending on many factors and we will talk about it later.
- Weekly Standing (WS) – the current place you take within your realm and faction. The WS depends on the number of CP you’ve collected during this week.
- A number of Ranked Players (NR) – a number of the Players of your faction, who has got CP during this week.
- Rating Points (RP) – the total amount of CP, which you have collected.
- Honor Standing (HS) – this is that very criterion that calculates the position and a Rank of every Player. These computations are made based on the data from WS, NR, and RP.
The PvP Rank changes once a week with the exception of the DK, which influences your position immediately.
There are 14 Ranks in total, each with unique titles and rewards – we will dwell on them in more detail a little bit later.
WAYS TO OBTAIN CONTRIBUTION POINTS (CP) AND HONORABLE KILLS (HK)
- The level of your Character matters. You will get more CP if you kill the Player of the same level when you are level 60, then if you and your opponent both are at level 30.
- The level of your victim matters too. You won’t get any CP in case your opponent is ten levels or more lower than yourself. What’s more, the level 60 Character will bring your more CP, then the level 55 one.
- The rank of your target is also a determining part of the final result. The higher is the rank of your opponent, the more CP you will get.
- Participate in BGs to get more. You can also earn CPs by fulfilling objectives in Battlegrounds – like capturing the flag in Warsong Gulch, capturing a base in Arathi Basin, or killing a lieutenant in Alterac Valley.
- If you kill one and the same Character multiple times in less than 24 hours, you will get less and less CP each time. Example: The first kill a day will grant you with the 100% of CP, the second – 75%, the third – 50%, the fourth – 25%. The fifth and all the following slaughters won’t give you anything.
- Killing in a group will allow you to get CP even if you didn’t touch the aggrieved one at all. The CP are evenly divided between all Players of the group who were in the circumscribed area at that moment. But even so, low-level Players will get less CP than the high-level ones.
- In case there were several not united in a group Characters, the CP for killing one Player will be divided according to the number of Health Points each of them took away and that is usually called Killing Assistance.
- If you have slaughtered the Player who was fighting with the mobs, the CP will be divided between you and… yes, every mob.
- And a funny, but relevant addition. You have to be alive and close to the enemy to receive CP. The system, we all got accustomed to in the latest Expansion doesn’t work here.
Getting CP for killing leaders of the factions:
There are six leaders of the factions in total, and each of them resurrects in two hours after being killed. The CP you get are divided equally among everyone, who took part in the killing process, whether they were in the raid, party, or even solo. These are the names and the locations of each racial leader:
PVP RANK PROGRESS
- To get a new Rank you should obtain a fixed minimum of Rating Points (RP) (watch the table below for exact figures);
- Each new Rank provides you with different and usually completely unique rewards. It may be certain consumables or even Items with Epic quality;
- Each Rank has its own unique name (different variants for the Horde and the Alliance). This name is shown as the Player’s title;
- Each Wednesday after the weekly maintenance you lose 20% of already collected CP. Example: you had finished the previous week with the 10000 CP, which means, you will start this week with 8000 CP by default.
Note that your ranking is based on your points at the end of the week, so to keep your current Rank you just need to recover the lost Honor by the end of this week.
There is a rather complicated calculation system under the simple word “Rank”, which includes quite a number of factors. On the whole, the Classic Honor System does not work like a straight leveling system for instance, but as a measure of PvP efforts of all players on your server together. If you consistently play to a certain WS every week, you will not improve your rating. To become better in this system, you need to put in more and more time and get higher standings every following week. So basically, you are to literally live in the game for several months to get the highest 14 Rank. And there were only a few Players of all time, who managed to keep this position for several weeks.
And now let us pay attention to the Rank System table with the primer information about each Rank:
|Rank||Rating Points||Horde Title||Alliance Title||Rewards|
|1||At least 15 HKs||Scout||Private||Private’s Tabard/Scout’s Tabard|
|2||2000 RP||Grunt||Corporal||PvP Trinkets:|
|3||5000 RP||Sergeant||Sergeant||Blue-Quality Cloak:
10% Discount on goods/repairs from your
|Blue-Quality Necklace: Master Sergeant’s Insignia/|
|5||15000 RP||First Sergeant||Sergeant Major||Blue-Quality Bracers: Alliance/Horde|
|6||20000 RP||Stone Guard||Knight||Access to the officer’s barracks
Access toCombat Mana Potion/
|7||25000 RP||Blood Guard||Knight-
|Rare-Quality Set Boots: Alliance/Horde|
|8||30000 RP||Legionnaire||Knight-Captain||Rare-Quality Set Chest: Alliance/Horde|
|Alliance Battle Standard/Horde Battle Standard|
|Rare-Quality Set Helm: Alliance/Horde|
|Commander||Access to PvP Epic Mounts:WoW Classic Mounts – Trainers, Costs, Sources, Epic Mounts /WoW Classic Mounts – Trainers, Costs, Sources, Epic Mounts
Ability to talk in the World Defense Channel
|12||50000 RP||General||Marshal||Epic-Quality Set Gloves: Alliance/Horde|
|13||55000 RP||Warlord||Field Marshal||Epic-Quality Set Helm: Alliance/Horde|
|High Warlord||Grand Marshal||Epic-Quality Weapons: Alliance/Horde|
PVP GRINDING PLAN
It is advisable to make a new habit of making notes each Wednesday, so you could see the epigenetic of your progress. Write down your WS via CP, and the amount of Honor you earned each week. This way you will be able to roughly presume your future time and effort costs in order to get what you want. Be mindful though – none of these calculations are set in stone because they very much depend on other Players of your faction who participate in PvP actions every week. Also, take into consideration the average time, you may and can spend on the computer. Remember, that you may easily lose all your Ranks by just not playing. But in case you may spend as much time in the game as it needs, you should be able to approximately estimate the time and efforts costs.
HONOR GEAR SETS
All players of the same faction will receive the same amount of Honor upon completing any of Battleground objectives. Moreover, each win gives you:
Three Marks of Honor, which can be traded for the experience;
Reputation points with the Battleground’s faction.
The losing team receives a single Mark of Honor. Now let us have a closer view at each Battleground.
- Original Release Date: June 7, 2005 (Patch 1.5);
- Classic WoW Release: Phase 3;
- Battleground Type: Capture the Flag;
- Team Size: 10 Players;
- Level Brackets: 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60;
- Factions Associated: Silverwing Sentinels/Warsong Outriders.
This battleground represents the unending conflict between the Silverwing Sentinels seeking revenge on the Orcs that chopped down the Ashenvale forest during the Third War.
The idea of this BG is to capture the flag of the opposite faction and to deliver it to your base without losing it. Your own flag should be protected and kept safe at the same time. A faction wins when its representatives have returned three enemy flags to their base within 25 minutes, or if they have returned the most flags when the timer runs out. Pay attention to the fact that the longer a flag carrier holds a flag, the more damage the Player will take.
- Original Release Date: September 13, 2005 (Patch 1.7);
- Classic WoW Release: Phase 4;
- Battleground Type: Control Points;
- Zone:Arathi Highlands;
- Team Size: 15 Players;
- Level Brackets: 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60;
- Factions Associated: The League of Arathor/The Defilers.
This sunny battleground is based on the conflict of the supply forces between main in-game factions. This location appears to be a critical zone for both the Alliance and the Horde. Your aim is to battle over natural resources such as Stables, Mines, Blacksmith, Lumber Mill, Farm to claim them for the honor of your faction.
There are five bases with flags scattered around the Battleground. To capture a base, you will need to complete a 10-second channel time on its flag, without interruption, and then hold the base for a full minute without the enemy capturing the flag back. The more resources a team controls, the faster they accumulate points. A team with all five nodes captured will gain 30 resources per second. A faction wins once they gather 2,000 resources.
- Original Release Date: June 7, 2005 (Patch 1.5);
- Classic WoW Release: Phase 3;
- Battleground Type: PvP/PvE;
- Zone:Alterac Mountains;
- Team Size: 40 Players;
- Level Brackets: 51-60;
- Factions Associated: Stormpike Guard/Frostwolf Clan.
This Battleground traces the conflict between the Frostwolf Clan, who settled in the valley as their ancient home long ago, and the Stormpike Guard, a league of dwarves searching the area for ancient dwarven and titan relics.
Alterac Valley BG is won when the enemy’s General is killed, or the opposing team’s reinforcements are reduced from 600 to 0. 1 reinforcement is lost when each player dies, 75 lost per each destroyed tower (4 towers total), and 100 for the loss of the General. There are two mines, which may be captured, as they fill reinforcements every 45 seconds.
Unlike other BGs, this one has many PvE elements while being a PvP zone and it gives preferences to destroying towers and not killing players. For each tower destroyed, the enemy’s General becomes easier to kill. It is important to defend your own towers and cap graveyards in a strategic order.
CLASSIC PVP RELEASE SCHEDULE
On the whole, the schedule of the PvP content release looks the following way.
Phase 1 (WoW Classic Launch)
- You can PvP one another in the world, but there is no tracking and no formal rewards for doing so.
- Honor System (including Dishonorable Kills)
- PvP Rank Rewards
- Alterac Valley BG
- Warsong Gulch BG
- Arathi Basin BG
- World PvP objectives in Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands.
Even though we know now when to wait for this or that innovation, no one can give exact dates. Everything will depend on the community – on us, so let’s do our best!
Till next we meet, Champion!