- Absorbing damage
- High burst healing on a short cooldown.
- Strong cooldowns that decrease damage to group
- Strong at sustained spot healing in a raid setting.
- Provides significant damage, without sacrificing healing.
- Moderate mobility, being able to cast most of our spells on the move.
- Mistakes are more punishing compared to other healers.
- Have no strong cooldowns for self-safe
- Hard to heal solo targets especially if their no possibility of dealing damage
- Difficult to play, you need to be able to plan your actions
- Is weak for affixes in Mythic+ that require regular periodic healing
- Reactive, raid-wide, emergency heals are limited compared to other healing specs.
TIER 1. 15 LVL. TALENTS THAT ARE AFFECT ON HEALING.
- Castigation (passive).Penance fires one additional bolt of holy light over its duration.
- Twist of Fate (passive). After healing a target below 35% health, you deal 20% increased damage and 20% increased healing for 10 sec.
- Schism. Attack the enemy’s soul with a surge of Shadow energy, dealing (129% of Spell power) Shadow damage and increasing your spell damage to the target by 40% for 9 sec.
Castigation is a very situational talent. Not used.
Twist of Fate – nice talent for high mythic+ and raids if you can maintain it’s buff as long as u can. The best way to use in fights where you need to use your healing abilities more than damage.
Schism – the most useful talent in row as it gives as it gives a significant increase of damage and healing for a short period and allows you to deal significantly more damage for the entire battle.
TIER 2. 25 LVL. UTILITY TALENTS.
- Body and Soul (passive).Power Word: Shield andLeap of Faith increase your target’s movement speed by 40% for 3 sec.
- Masochism (passive). When you cast Shadow Mend on yourself, its damage over time effect heals you instead, and reduces all damage you take by 10%.
- Angelic Feather. Places a feather at the target location, granting the first ally to walk through it 40% increased movement speed for 5 sec. Only 3 feathers can be placed at one time.
*Angelic Feather – the best talent in the row because gives the priest some mobility.
Body and Soul – worst talent in this tier.Power Word: Shield is used to absorb damage to allies, and due to the fact ofWeakened Soul debuff it becomes problematic to accelerate yourself and allies at the right time.
Masochism – nice talent in fights without many movements. It gave additional survival to priest.
Angelic Feather – most useful talent in row. Priests are immobile and this talent deals with this problem.
TIER 3. 30 LVL. TALENTS THAT ARE AFFECT ON HEALING.
- Shield Discipline (passive). When yourPower Word: Shield is completely absorbed, you restore 0.5% of your maximum mana.
- Mindbender (replacesShadowfiend) Summons a Mindbender to attack the target for 12 sec. You regenerate 0.5% of maximum mana each time the Mindbender attacks.
- Power Word: Solace. Strikes an enemy with heavenly power, dealing (80% of Spell power) Holy damage and restoring 1% of your maximum mana.
*Power word: Solace – optimal choice in tier because it restores your mana, deal damage and doesn’t depend on situation.
Shield Discipline – not a bad talent in terms of restoring mana, however, due to the fact that Discipline priests heal through damage, the talent loses its advantage over other talents in the tier.
Mindbender – situational talent because you can’t use it by cd. You have to take care about your mana not to go overcap of it by this talent. In addition, Minbender is used for burst healing when you can’t heal the allies by your damage.
Power Word: Solace – doesn’t cost mana, dealing damage and restores mana. The best talent of the tier because it have no restrictions on use.
TIER 4. 35 LVL. UTILITY TALENTS.
- Psychic Voice (passive). Reduces the cooldown ofPsychic Scream by 30 sec.
- Dominant Mind You may also control your own character while Mind Control is active, but Mind Control has a 2 min cooldown, and it may not be used against players.
- Shining Force. Creates a burst of light around a friendly target, knocking away nearby enemies and slowing their movement speed by 70% for 3 sec.
*This tier doesn’t effect on dealing damage, but the best talent is Shining Force cause of the additional variants of crowd control.
Psychic Voice – not bad talent as it’s make the possibility to control your enemies more often.
Dominant Mind – the most useless talent in tier. It effects only one creature and very limited in use. Also it have common dimension with other disorient effects.
Shining Force – good talent that helps to control enemies by knocking them away from target and slowing them. You can also interrupt the enemy.
TIER 5. 40 LVL. TALENTS THAT ARE AFFECT ON HEALING.
- Sins of the Many (passive). Your damage is increased by up to 12%, diminishing for each ally affected by yourAtonement.
- Contrition (passive). When you heal withPenance, everyone with yourAtonement is healed for (12.5% of Spell power).
- Shadow Covenant. Make a shadowy pact, healing the target and 4 other injured allies within 30 yds for (150% of Spell power). For 9 sec, your Shadow spells deal 25% increased damage and healing, but you cannot cast Holy spells.
*The choice for raids and mythic+ is between Shadow Covenant and Sins of Many. Shadow covenant increases your out of burst healing and heals targets withoutAtonement. It is better for raids. Sins of Many is better to use where you can heal the group by your damage.
Sins of the Many – best talent in row because it increases your damage.
Shadow Covenant – nice talent with short CD and good healing. Helps to heal group when you have no burst.
TIER 6. 45 LVL. TALENTS THAT ARE AFFECT ON HEALING.
- Purge the Wicked (replacesShadow Word: Pain). Cleanses the target with fire, causing (24.8% of Spell power) Fire damage and an additional (137% of Spell power) Fire damage over 20 sec. Spreads to an additional nearby enemy when you cast Penance on the target.
- Divine Star. Throw a Divine Star forward 24 yds, healing allies in its path for (70% of Spell power) and dealing (40% of Spell power) Holy damage to enemies. After reaching its destination, the Divine Star returns to you, healing allies and damaging enemies in its path again.
- Halo. Creates a ring of Holy energy around you that quickly expands to a 30 yd radius, healing allies for (144% of Spell power) and dealing (103% of Spell power) Holy damage to enemies.
*All 3 talents are good, but depends on situation. More often is taken Purged the Wicked, as the 2 others are more situational.
Divine Star – good talent in situation where the allies are standing nearby to each other.
Halo – is better in situations where allies are standing separate from each other. Good for raids.
TIER 7. 50 LVL. TALENTS THAT ARE AFFECT ON HEALING.
- Lenience (passive). Atonement reduces damage taken by 3%.
- Spirit Shell. For 10 sec,Penance,Power Word: Radiance, andAtonement create absorb shields for 100% of their value, instead of healing.
- Evangelism. Extends the duration of all of your active Atonements by 6 sec.
*Lenience and Evangelism are good talent. Lenience – better for dungeons, Evangelism – better for raids.
Spirit Shell – the weakest talent of the tier.
RECOMMENDED TALENTS BUILDS
- Doesn’t affect healing. The choice depends on preference.
- Mindbender or Power Word: Solace
- Doesn’t affect healing. The choice depends on preference
- Sins of the Many or Shadow Covenant
- Purge the Wicked or Halo
Game with Spirit Shell:
- Doesn’t affect healing. The choice depends on preference
- Doesn’t affect healing. The choice depends on preference
- Sins of the Many or Shadow Covenant
- Purge the Wicked or Halo
- Spirit Shell
*Game with Spirit Shell or Evangelism in raid is equivalent. There is no answer what of the talents is better. So you have to look through the situation in battle to decide what talent build is better.The choice will depend on bosses timing: so Spirit Shellwill be in priority in battles where you need strong safe ability per 1 minute or in short battle with possibility to get ready long before the damage income (18-19 sec. before the damage). Game with Evangelism will be in priority where you deal with weak damage all the time or with average damage or if one or more bosses abilities are hitting the timer in 90 sec and consequently allows you to use 2 save cooldowns – Rapture and Evangelism.
RAID: VENTYR >/= KYRIAN > NECROLORDS > NIGHT FAE
Mythic+: Kyrian > Ventyr >/= Necrolords > Night Fae
Main ability:Summon Steward – Call your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity that can be consumed to restore 20% of your health and remove all Curse, Disease, Poison, and Bleed Effects. Your Steward additionally offers access to a selection of useful amenities for 4 min.
Priest ability:Boon of the Ascended – Draw upon the power of the Ascended for 10 sec, granting you access to Ascended Nova, replacing Smite with Ascended Blast, and increasing movement speed by 50%.Upon expiration, releases an Ascended Eruption: Explode for up to (210% of Spell power) Arcane damage to enemies and (159% of Spell power) healing to allies within 15 yards, based on number of targets. Damage and healing increased by 3% for each stack of Boon of the Ascended.
Main ability:Soulshape – Turn into a Vulpin, teleporting 15 yards forward and increasing your movement speed by 50%. You may reactivate Soulshape every few sec to teleport again.
Lasts 12 sec, or indefinitely while in a rest area. Additional cosmetic forms can be earned and collected through a variety of gameplay. Soulshape options include Vulpin (default), Moth, Runestag, Unicorn, Teroclaw, Crane, Lion, Tiger, Hyena, Cobra, Dragon Turtle, Stag, Owlcat, Nightsaber, Raptor, Bear, Moose, Wolf, Feathered Drake, Wolfhawk, Hippogryph, Gryphon, Wyvern, Toad
Priest ability:Fae Guardians – Call forth three faerie guardians to attend your targets for 20 sec. Wrathful Faerie: Direct attacks against the target restore 0.5% Mana or 3 Insanity. Follows yourShadow Word: Pain. Guardian Faerie: Reduces damage taken by 10%. Follows yourPower Word: Shield.
Benevolent Faerie: Increases the cooldown recovery rate of a major ability by 100%. Follows yourShadow Mend.
Main ability:Fleshcraft – Form a shield of flesh and bone over 4 sec that prevents damage equal to 20% of your maximum health. Channeling near a corpse claims their essence to grow the shield, up to 50% of your maximum health. This is most effective against powerful enemies.
Priest ability:Unholy Nova – An explosion of dark energy infects enemies within 15 yds with Unholy Transfusion, and heals up to 6 allies for (119% of Spell power). Unholy Transfusion Deals (250% of Spell power) Shadow damage over 15 sec. Allies who damage this target are healed for (4% of Spell power).
Main ability:Door of Shadows – Wend through the shadows, appearing at the targeted location.
Priest ability:Mindgames – Assault an enemy’s mind, dealing (300% of Spell power) Shadow damage and briefly reversing their perception of reality. For 5 sec, the next damage they deal will heal their target, and the next healing they deal will damage their target. Reversed damage and healing restore up to 4% mana.
Kyrain has a great potential in healing and helps to cope with great damage. Because of the long recharge they are a little worse than Ventyr ability in raids. Despite this fact such moments that need a lot of healing in mythic+ are rare. So Kyrain is number one for mythic+. Allows you to deal a lot of AoE-damage.
Ventyr is a great choice for raid and a nice variant for mythic+. Ventyr’s ability also have a good synergy with spells Schism, Spirit Shell, Evangelism and Rapture that allows you to increase your healing. Mindgames deals a lot of damage and as it has 45 sec for recharge is good in synchronizing with priests abilities.
Necrolords can be good only for Mythic+ as their ability deals a lot of AoE-Damage.
Class ability of Night Fae doesn’t give any benefits to priests. Comparing it to other covenants shows that it is the worst choice.
*Soulbinder’s priority is dependent on their abilities that affect your healing.
Raid: Pelagos >/= Kleia > Mikanikos
Mythic+: Pelagos >/= Kleia > Mikanikos
Raid: Korayn > Niya > Dreamweaver
Mythic+: Korayn > Niya > Dreamweaver
Raid: Marileth > Emeni > Heirmir
Mythic+: Marileth > Emeni > Heirmir
Raid: Draven >/= Nadjia > Theotar
Mythic+: Draven >/= Nadjia > Theotar
Now let’s look through the abilities of each soulbinds:
- Combat Meditation – Activating your Kyrian class ability increases your Mastery for 10 sec and occasionally expels Sorrowful Memories. Walking through Sorrowful Memories extends this effect by 3 sec.
- Let Go of the Past – Using a spell or ability reduces your magic damage taken by 1% for 6 sec. Using another spell or ability increases this amount by 1% when it is not a repeat of the previous spell or ability, stacking to 3%.
- Valiant Strikes – Your critical strikes grant you stacks of Valiant Strikes, up to 20. If a nearby party member drops below 50% health, you consume these stacks to heal them for 1% of their maximum health per stack. After healing this way, you may not benefit from Valiant Strikes for 1 min.
- Pointed Courage – Chance to critical strike is increased by 1% for every nearby enemy or ally, up to 5%.
- Resonant Accolades – When receiving healing while above 70% health or healing an ally that’s above 70% health, 4% of the healing done is repeated on the target over 5 sec.
Forgelite Prime Mikanikos
- Bron’s Call to Action – After using 90 damaging or healing spells and abilities, your next spell or ability summons Bron, who knocks enemies back on arrival and then attacks and heals your targets for 30 sec.
- Hammer of Genesis – Damaging a new enemy grants you 3% Haste for 10 sec, up to 5 stacks.
- Sparkling Driftglobe Core – When reduced below 35% health, you stun nearby enemies for 3 sec. This effect may only occur once every 45 sec.
- Grove Invigoration – Healing or dealing damage has a chance to grant you a stack of Redirected Anima. Redirected Anima increases your maximum health by 1% and your Mastery for 30 sec, and stacks overlap. Activating your Night Fae class ability grants you 8 stacks of Redirected Anima.
- Niya’s Tools: Herbs – Your healing spells and abilities have a chance to apply Niya’s Invigorating Herbs, increasing the target’s Haste by 5% for 10 sec.
- Niya’s Tools: Poison – Your interrupts apply Niya’s Paralytic Poison to your target, dealing Nature damage over 30 sec. Targets with Niya’s Paralytic Poison take an additional Nature damage if interrupted once more.
- Niya’s Tools: Burrs – Your damaging attacks and spells have a chance to toss Niya’s Spiked Burrs under your target. The burrs latch onto the first enemy to cross them, reducing movement speed by 20% and inflicting Nature damage over 6 sec.
- Podtender – When you take damage that would kill you, instead rejuvenate within a wildseed, regaining 30% of HP over 10 sec. If the wildseed takes more than damage during this time, you die. This effect may only occur once every 10 min.
- Social Butterfly – When at least 2 allies are within 8 yd, your Versatility increases by 3% for 5 sec. When this expires, 2 nearby allies gain 33% of this effect for 5 sec before passing it back to you.
- Empowered Chrysalis – 10% of your overhealing received or done remains as a shield on the target up to 10% of the caster’s health, lasting for 5 sec.
- Field of Blossoms – Activating your Night Fae class ability puts flowers at your feet for 10 sec that increase your Haste by 12% while you stand with them.
- Wild Hunt Tactics – Your damage to targets above 75% health and healing to targets below 35% health is increased by 10%. When your spells and abilities are enhanced this way, you gain 15% increased movement speed for 5 sec.
- Face Your Foes – When in front of your target, your spells and abilities decrease the damage they inflict on you by 3% for 2 sec.
- First Strike – Damaging an enemy before they damage you increases your chance to critical strike by 25% for 5 sec.
Plague Deviser Marileth
- Volatile Solvent – Using Fleshcraft with nearby corpses consumes their essence completely, granting a benefit based on the creature’s type.
- Plaguey’s Preemptive Strike – Your first attack or spell cast on an enemy increases your damage done to them by 10% for 10 sec. Limit 1.
- Ultimate Form – While channeling Fleshcraft, you are immune to crowd control and you regenerate 2% health every 1 sec. If you finish the full channel, you gain 4 sec of crowd control immunity, during which you regenerate 2% health every 1 sec.
Emeni, the Slaughter Daughter
- Lead by Example – Activating your Necrolord class ability increases your by 5% and up to 4 nearby allies’ primary stat by 2% for 10 sec. You gain 2% additional for each ally affected.
- Emeni’s Ambulatory Flesh – You may channel Fleshcraft while moving.
- Gnashing Chompers – Gain 3% Haste for 10 sec after defeating an enemy, up to 15%.
- Forgeborne Reveries – Your and Armor are increased by 1% for each enchantment on your armor, up to 3%. Upon death your armor anchors your soul, allowing you to fight for an additional 10 sec. During this time, your damage and healing done is reduced by 50% and you cannot receive healing.
- Serrated Spaulders – Inflict Shadow damage to your attacker over 5 sec when hit at melee range.
- Heirmir’s Arsenal: Marrowed Gemstone – After landing 10 critical strikes, you gain 18% increased chance to critical strike for 10 sec. May only occur once per 60 sec.
Nadjia the Mistblade
- Thrill Seeker – While in combat, you gain a stack of Thrill Seeker every 2 sec, or 4 stacks on killing an enemy. At 40 stacks Thrill Seeker is consumed to grant you Euphoria, increasing your Haste by 20% for 10 sec. Thrill Seeker decays rapidly while you are not in combat.
- Exacting Preparation – The benefits of Well Fed, Flask, and weapon enchant effects are increased by 20%.
- Dauntless Duelist – The first enemy you damage in combat is marked as your Adversary. You deal 3% more damage to them, and they deal 1.5% less damage to you. You may only have one Adversary at a time.
Theotar the Mad Duke
- Soothing Shade – Your spells and abilities have a chance to call Tubbins and Gubbins to your side for 12 sec, parasol in hand. Standing in the shaded area grants you Mastery.
- Token of Appreciation – Grant a shield that absorbs damage to allies who aid you with healing or beneficial magic effects. You will only shield each ally once every 20 sec.
- Refined Palate – The effects of combat potions last 100% to 200% longer.
- Wasteland Propriety– Activating your Venthyr class ability signals the start of tea time, granting 6% Versatility to you and 3% Versatility to up to 4 nearby allies. Lasts 10 sec.
- Service In Stone – Damage taken below 40% health is reduced by 10%. Upon death you leave a stone husk behind which shatters after 3 sec, inflicting 100% of your maximum health in damage split among nearby enemies, and healing for 100% of your maximum health split among nearby allies.
- Hold Your Ground – Standing still for at least 4 sec grants you 10% increased Stamina, and 4% increased healing done. This effect persists for 6 sec after you start moving.
- Superior Tactics – Successfully interrupting an enemy or dispelling an ally increases your critical strike chance by 10% for 10 sec. This may only occur once every 30 sec.
- Built for War – While you are above 80% health you gain 1% every 3 sec, stacking up to 4 times. If you fall below 50% health, this effect is lost.
BEST POTENCY CONDUITS
- Exaltation – Spirit Shell’s duration is increased by 1.0 sec, and its absorption is increased by 5% or Rapture’s duration is increased by 1.0 sec, and its Power Word: Shield enhancement is increased by 5%.
- Shining Radiance– Power Word: Radiance’s healing is increased by 40%.
- Swift Penitence– The damage or healing of your first bolt of Penance is increased by 30%.
- Shattered Perceptions – Mindgames lasts an additional 2.0 sec, deals an additional 13% initial damage, and reverses an additional 13% damage or healing.
- Courageous Ascension – Ascended Blast deals 25% increased damage, and Ascended Eruption deals an additional 1% damage per stack of Boon of the Ascended.
BEST ENDURANCE CONDUITS
CHARITABLE SOUL – CASTING POWER WORD: SHIELD ON AN ALLY ALSO SHIELDS YOU FOR 13% OF THE AMOUNT FOR 10 SEC.
- Translucent Image – For the first 5 sec of Fade, you take 6% reduced damage.
BEST FINESSE CONDUITS:
- Pain Transformation – Pain Suppression also heals your target for 15% of their maximum health.
- Festering Transfusion – Unholy Transfusion lasts 2 sec longer and deals 6% more damage and healing.
- Fae Fermata – Your Fae Guardians leave behind a 60% effective copy of their benefit, lasting 3.8 sec when they jump to a new target.
- Light’s Inspiration – Desperate Prayer heals you for an additional 6% of your maximum health over 5 sec.
- Basic items of equipment of the required level
- 2 scrolls of characteristics
- Ashes of the soul
- Rune Carver Memory – recipe for legendary equipment, corresponding to the equipment in the slot
Basic items are templates from which legendary items are created. Legendary items can be crafted by Blacksmiths, Jewelers, Tailors and Leatherworkers. Recipes can be found all over the world in high-level content. The legendary item does not become personalized after creation and can be sold or purchased at the auction.
Legendary items are giving a special bonus to class talents.
In total there are 16 legendary items that are available for Restoration Shaman.
BEST LEGENDARY ITEMS
- The Penitent One (feet/back) – Power Word: Radiance has a 60% chance to cause your next Penance to be free and fire 3 extra bolts.
*Competitive property of the legendary item for raids
- Clarity of Mind (chest/ring) – During Rapture, Power Word: Shield costs 20% less mana and applies 6 second longer Atonements.
GOOD LEGENDARY ITEMS
- Twins of the Sun Priestess (head/shoulders) – Power Infusion also grants you 100% of its effects when used on an ally.
*It finds its use only in Myrthic+, and will be a very good choice if there is a strong burst damage dealer in the group.
OTHER LEGENDARY ITEMS
- Crystalline Reflection (shoulders/hands) – Power Word: Shield instantly heals the target and reflects 20% of damage absorbed.
- Kiss of Death (feet/legs) – Reduces Shadow Word: Death‘s cooldown by 8 sec and causes its damage to trigger Atonement when used on targets below 20% health.
- Cauterizing Shadows (waist/feet) – Shadow Word: Pain expires on a target, 3 allies within 30 yds of the target are healed for (55% of Spell power).
- Measured Contemplation (neck/chest) – For every 15 seconds that you do not cast Shadow Mend, the healing of your next Shadow Mend is increased by 50%. This effect can stack up to 4 times.
- Vault of Heavens (wrist/ring) – Leap of Faith instead causes you to leap to your target, and has 2 charges.
- Echo of Eonar (Waist/ Wrist/ Finger) – Your spells and abilities have a low chance to summon a spiritual familiar to your side, increasing your damage by 10%, healing by 10% or damage reduction by 10% for 10 sec based on your role. This effect is duplicated on up to 3 allies at 50% effectiveness, preferring allies with the same role.
- Judgment of the Arbiter (Wrist/Hands/Finger) – Dealing damage has a high chance to release a blast of spiritual energy for Shadow damage. If another ally who bears the Judgment of the Arbiter is within 5-20 yards of you, the blast will also arc to them, dealing Shadow damage to enemies in the arc.
- Maw Rattle (Legs/Feet/ Hands) – Killing an enemy has a high chance to summon an Explosive Mawrat at the corpses location. After 6 sec the mawrat will explode, dealing Nature damage to all nearby enemies, poisoning them and decreasing their damage done by 5% for 10 sec.
- Norgannon’s Sagacity (Legs/ Feet/Back) – Casting a spell grants Sagacity, stacking up to 10 times. When you move, you are able to cast while moving for 0.5 sec for each stack of Sagacity.
- Sephuz’s Proclamation (Neck/Shoulder/Chest) – Reduce the effectiveness of crowd controlling effects by 10%. Successfully applying a loss of control effect to an enemy, interrupting an enemy, or dispelling any target will increase all your secondary stats for 15 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds.
- Stable Phantasma Lure (Neck/Wrist/Back) – Increases Phantasma earned by 25%. Looting Phantasma from enemies has a chance to summon a Phantasma Demon which will begin running in a random direction. Killing it increases Phantasma earned for the entire party by an additional 10% for 1 min.
- Third Eye of the Jailer (Head/ Shoulder/ Waist) – Killing an enemy grants you the Third Eye, increasing your by 1% for 10 sec, stacking up to 7 and increasing the duration by 1 sec for each additional stack. The duration of the Third Eye is increased by 50% while in the Maw.
- Vitality Sacrifice (Head/Shoulder/Chest) – Taking significant damage from a player or Elite enemy increases your damage and healing by 3% of the damage taken, up to a maximum of 9% for 20 sec. This effect can only occur every 30 sec.
- Apply to targets thePurge the Wicked orShadow Word: Pain and, if possible, support it on all targets involved in the battle
- ApplyPower Word: Shield to allies if they do not have effect ofAtonement or this effect was expired.
- Continue to deal damage usingSchism on cooldown, if you do not expect strong damage to the group, to maintain damage or to restore more health to the group, becauseSchism deals damage, and also increases your damage to target.
- UsePenance per CD to deal damage
- If you have the talentPower Word: Solace – use it per CD. It deals good damage and restores mana
- All the rest of the time, useSmite.
The main issue of the Discipline Priest in raid is to maintaining the effect ofAtonement on allies, who are taking damage. This effect activates by usingPower Word: Shield,Shadow Mend andPower Word: Radiance on target. For effective healing try to maintain 3-5 buffs ofAtonement, maintaining more will deprive you out of mana very soon.
If the target takes not a lot damage you may use on itPower Word: Shield for maintain theAtonement. If quantity of damage is average useShadow Mend on target. If a lot of players take damage usePower Word: Radiance.
If expects huge damage to group or the damage to allies with low healh is rising:
- Try to maintainAtonement on ~ 5 players by casting on themPower Word: Shield.
- 5 seconds before the raid takes damage, use 2 chargesPower Word: Radiance. It make you possibility to maintainAtonement on more part of the group.
- Then summon theShadowfiend (Mindbender, if talent taken)
- UseSchism on target
- UsePower Word: Solace on target (as with normal rotation, it is advisable to use per CD)
- UsePenance on enemy
- Provided that other abilities are recharging useSmite to heal people withAtonement
Remember about your safe cooldowns:
- Pain Suppression – can save your life or life of an ally whose health is critically low, or can reduce the damage taken by the tank.
- Power Word: Barrier – suitable in a situation where the group is standing together, place it a few seconds before taking a lot of damage.
Compared to raids gameplay in Mythic+ is changing a little: healing that is made byAtonement is effective only if your group take little or average damage. If the group taking huge damage you won’t be able to heal it by dealing damage.
*Expects that you will use the recommended talents for mythic+
- While the damage to group isn’t high you may heal allies by maintainingAtonement on them as like as in raid. UsePower Word: Shield on targets andShadow Mend on more injured allies.
- Atonement won’t be such effective when group take a lot of damage, but it doesn’t mean that you have no need to maintain this effect on group. Maintaining of this effect give additional healing fromPurge the Wicked orShadow Word: Pain. But you have to focus your healing on castingShadow Mend on allies more often.
- If the entire party is taking damage, usePower Word: Radiance at the same time.
HOW TO USE CDS
Pain Suppression – strong CD for solo target. Uses for safe tank from strong enemy abilities. It must be used before receiving damage.
Rapture – uses before receiving damage by group or raid to prevent damage.
Undead, Tauren, Troll, Blood Elf, Goblin, Pandaren, Nightborn, Mag’har, Zndalari Troll (paku), Vulpera
*The indicators of all races are relatively equal for the priest, but the most powerful are: Troll, Goblin and Nightborne.
BASIC PRIORITY OF STATS
*This priority is good for raids and mythic+
Leech and Avoidance are very strong tertiary characteristics that contribute to survival. Generally rated higher than all other tertiary characteristics.
Despite the existing priority of characteristics, you should not always adhere to it, since everything depends on your current equipment. All secondary stats for Discipline priest provide very similar healing benefits.
WHY THE PRIORITY IS LOOKS LIKE THAT
Intellect is primary stat that is used by priet. Spell force depend on it.
Haste gives the greatest advantage as it reduces the cooldown of abilities, reduces the duration of theWeakened Soul effect, decreases the GCD, speeds up the casting of spells, and increases the amount of periodic damage fromPurge the Wicked orShadow Word: Pain
Shadowfiend is also dependent on your speed, since the more speed you have, the more attacks the fiend will produce.
Haste increases your damage dealt and therefore affect healing as well.
Critical strike increases the chance to deal critical damage, which makes this stat no less importan for the Discipline Priest as it gives the opportunity to deal more damage and restore more health.
Versality increases your damage and direct healing. Discipline Priest is oriented on healing through dealing damage. That is why increase of versality increases not only your damage but your healing too.
Mastery increses effectivnes of your healing throughAtonement. As Mastery don’t influence on Discipline Priste’s damage it happens to be the most weak stat for specialization.
ADDITIONAL METHODS TO INCREASE CHARACTERISTICS:
Chest: Eternal Stats
Bracers: Eternal Intellect
Oils: Embalmer’s Oil
- Potions that are effective with the Embalmer’s Oil: Potion of Sacrificial Anima, Potion of Divine Awakening
Flasks: Spectral Flask of Power
THE BEST EQUIPMENT AND TRINKETS
- Soulletting Ruby (+intellect) Loot from Dungeon Theater of Pain.
- Boon of the Archon (+intellect) Loot from Dungeon Spires of Ascension.
Both types of content:
- Macabre Sheet Music (+ strength, agility or intellect) Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
- Manabound Mirror(+intellect) Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
- Cabalist’s Hymnal (+intellect) Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
- Tuft of Smoldering Plumage(+intellect) Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
- Siphoning Phylactery Shard (+intellect) Loot from Dungeon The Necrotic Wake, Spires of Ascension.
- Vial of Spectral Essence (+intellect) Loot from Dungeon Theater of Pain.
- Sunblood Amethyst (+haste) Loot from Dungeon Halls of Atonement.
*Raid accessories – Cabalist’s Hymnal and a Tuft of Smoldering Plumage are considered a good combination. In Mythic +, you can use accessories that deal damage, if you have no problems with healing the group.
WEAPONS AND OFF-HAND
*Recommended Covenant Selection Assumed
If Kyrain covenant was chosen:
If Ventyr covenant was chosen:
- Nathrian Ferula (staff) Loot from Dungeon Halls of Atonement.
- Deathwalker’s Promise (off-hand) Loot from Dungeon Theater of Pain.
- Arachnid Cipher Ring – Loot from Dungeon Plaguefall.
- Bloodoath Signet – Loot from Dungeon Theater of Pain.
- Entwined Gorger Tendril – Loot from Dungeon Sanguine Depth.
- Ritual Commander’s Ring – Loot from Dungeon The Necrotic Wake.
Legs: Leggings of Lethal Reverberations – Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
Boots: Slippers of Leavened Station – Loot from Dungeon Halls of Atonement.
Head: Depraved Physician’s Mask – Loot from Dungeon Plaguefall.
Shoulders: Shawl of the Penitent – Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
Cloaks: Drape of Twisted Loyalties – Loot from Dungeon Spires of Ascension.
Wrists: Grim Pursuant’s Maille – Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
Waists: Shadewarped Sash – Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
Neck: Azure-Venom Choker – Loot from Dungeon Spires of Ascension.
Chest: Robes of the Cursed Commando – Loot from raid: Castle Nathria.
Gloves: Tricksprite Gloves – Loot from Dungeon Tirna Skitt.
* Information about the ratio and force of the trinkets will appear soon.
#showtooltip/cast [@player] Angelic Feather/stopspelltarget
If it is not important in battle on whom to hold the Shadow word: Pain, then this macros, when pressed, will automatically find the most convenient target and impose DoT on it:
#showtooltip Shadow word: Pain/cast [harm,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettarget,harm,nodead][@targettargettargettargettarget,harm,nodead] Shadow word: Pain
Macro on the Divine Feather, allowing you to immediately put it under you, without choosing a place:
#showtooltip/cast [@player] Божественное перышко/stopspelltarget
ElvUI – this addon allows tou to tune your interface as you wish.
BigDebuffs – these addon increses ikons of debuffs of enemies and allies.
Decursive – this addon simplifys detection of the debuffs on allies and dispel them.
Astral Keys – this addon allows you to look through mythic keys on your charecters and on charesers of your friends. Also it helps to show your keys in chat and look through the information about best run in mythic+ of your guild and friends.
Exorsus Raid Tools – helpful addon for raiders. It allows you to look through the information about group, battle notes, cooldowns, and addons and allows logging the fight.
Hekili – this addon is a helper that can give you recommendations for rotation by a few steps ahead. It works by collecting information from action priority list (APL), that is similar to Simcraft, and then reccomed you the rotation that you have to use.
GTFO – this addon beeps when you are standing in place where you shouldn’t stay. In some cases, you will be alerted before you’ll take damage. It improves your situational awareness and is recommended for dungeons, mythic+ and raids.
WeakAuras – this addon allows you to add and tune additional panels in your interface. It is very usefull in tracking cooldowns of abilities and items; in tracking procks and your resourse power. You can tune the panel yourself or download already prepared ones from the https://wago.io/.
Vuhdo – first of all, it displays the health of the raid participants in the form of clearly located bars on a separate panel. It also allows you to track information about other players and their resources in the group: health, mana and other types of power, buffs, debuffs, incoming healing, aggro, PvP status, tips, player tags (such as absence, disconnects, death), etc. With it, you can also customize the use of spells with a click of the mouse.
Clique – simplifies macros and allows you to create various combinations for spells.
You can install addons by downloading them from official websites and updating them yourself or yyou can download one of the programs CurseForge or Wowup.io. In this program you can view all installed addons and update them if a new version has been released.
- If you have difficulties with group healing by dealing damage the talent Twist of Fate will be good choice for increase single target healing. Especially this talent is good in situations when health of allies drops down sharply and you need to heal them fast. Also this talent will be good in situations where healing through damage dealing is difficult to realise.
- Schism at this moment is the best choice for raids in almost all situations. It greatly interacts with class abilities of the covenants, increases damage and potential of burst phase and increases AoE-healing.
- For effective use of Shadow Covenant you need to do one of the next steps: use it before preparation phase on badly wounded allies by and then heal them by Shadow Mend; use it in the end of burst phase for smart healing and for further healing of wounded allies; use it purposefully for increase healing from your Shadow Mend (in situations where strong target healing is needed) or purposefully for increase AoE-damage dealing by your Mind Sear.
- The casting speed of almost all spells is equal to the GCD and is accelerated depending on the haste rating. Shadow Mend and Power Word: Shield provide atonement at different times. So, Power Word: Shield imposes its beginning of GCD, and restoration at the end of the cast, which gives us an advantage in the duration of Atonement in the amount of one GCD. Thus, when using Shadow Mend and Power Word: Shield, we get 2 Atonements with one duration.
- Do not try to cover as many players as possible with Power Word: Shield. This is wrong, as it will drain your mana reserves before the boss dies. You need to properly dispose of it. Each subsequent imposed Atonement takes away the duration of Atonement from the first imposed Atonement in the amount of 1 GCD, which with excessive “spam” will be irrational both in relation to HPM (spent mana to the received healing), and in general accounting for effective healing and the amount of mana.
- It is advisable to use the Schism talent with Power Word: Radiance, to heal more significant damage.